Tuthill, Richard writes:

>   Is it a prelude to something else to make the game even faster?   In
> Canada  --  correct me if I'm wrong  --  don't they postpone the
> introduction of checking until Juniors precisely to encourage a fast wide
> open game?   Of course in Juniors they allow fighting,  too;  but that is
> another topic  ....

Since you asked... :-)

Body checking is allowed in Canada at the Bantam (14 & 15) and Midget
(16 & 17) levels. It is also allowed in some regions at the Pee Wee (12 & 13)
level. Below that it is not allowed at all.

And the only level where a player can fight and remain in the game is
Major Junior. In Junior A and below, a player is given a game
misconduct for fighting.

ObCollegeHockey: Wilfrid Laurier really is dreadful. I wish Ottawa had
got Western Ontario to come up again for the tournament. That would have
made for a really interesting weekend.

See you later,
John

--
John Edwards       Stats Geek, Ottawa Senators Jr. A Hockey Club (16-6-1)
Email: [log in to unmask]    URL: http://chat.carleton.ca/~jedwards