James said..
> I believe that a student athlete will lose one year of eligibility if the
> student is 21 years old at the time they begin their college careers.
> They will lose 2 years if they are 22, etc.

Nope.  NCAA by-law 14.2.4.5 stipulates that participation in
"organized sports competition" during each 12-month period after a
student's 20th birthday (and prior to initial full-time enrollment in
college) counts as one year of varsity competition.

Dr. Stephen E. Roth                [log in to unmask]
Dean of Student Services
Canisius College                            (716) 888-2522
Buffalo, New York 14226                 FAX (716) 888-3190