This is an administrative message.

Because of the amount of work involved in administrating both HOCKEY-L and
INFO-HOCKEY-L, combined with the other things going on in my life, I have
decided over the last week that I would like to try to make a change in my
job as administrator of the two lists.

Specifically, I would like to try to turn over the administration of
HOCKEY-L to a new person.  I would continue to administrate INFO-HOCKEY-L.
There is no projected timeframe within which the change must take place,
although of course sooner is better than later.

Wayne and I can see at least two possible avenues that this change would follow:

1) One person would come aboard as HOCKEY-L administrator and take over the
duties I have handled.

2) Several people would come aboard with each serving as a sort of
"administrator of the month" (this could be altered as necessary).  A
schedule would be worked out so that each person knows when he or she is
"on duty".

The type of work involved is not difficult to learn.  It mainly deals with
learning several LISTSERV commands, understanding the approval process and
being able to check mail every so often to approve messages that need to be
approved, answering questions that people may have, keeping the content of
the list on topic and at a high level, and so on.  It does involve a
certain level of commitment, but it should be easier since you'll only have
to deal with one list.

Wayne and I, as well as Pete Kester, would always be available to help you
get going and to fill in as a backup when needed.

If you think you would be seriously interested in helping to put your stamp
on HOCKEY-L and to keep it running smoothly, I ask you to send me a message
and let me know your level of interest (i.e. #1, #2, or something else).
Wayne and I will work with everyone who replies to determine which person
or persons would be best able to do the job.  If there are several people,
we will all work together to set up a schedule that works best for
everyone.

I will be happy to answer any questions that interested people may have.  I
will also be quite grateful to you for helping me put a few other things in
my life in order. :-)

Please send all replies to me and not to the list.  Thank you!

Mike Machnik                   [log in to unmask]            *HMM* 11/13/93