Ladies and Gentlemen, forgive me if this rambles.  I will respond
to previous posts first:

Response to Michael Taska-

>                    NOW
>                        THE
>                           PUCKMAN
>                                  IS
>                                    DYING.

No, he's not.   He will remain as the symbol for the RPI Hockey teams,
but the school-wide symbol is the Red Hawk.  RPI would not spend
money on new uniforms containing a mascot they wanted to get rid of,
would they?  We're talking money here, so no.

>BTW  Don't be surprised when RPI starts destroying the other teams
>by january.

I will be.
------

>May I suggest that perhaps this bird is a red TURKEY in disguise?  Give me
>the puckman and RPI any old day.

You echo the sentiments of just about every alum.
------

>Since Kurt is apparently tied up in Northern Ohio, . . .

And not happy about it.  I really need a laptop.  Anyone out there
want to donate a laptop to WRPI?

OK, on to new business:

The Mascot-

Not going over well at ole RPI.  Mostly because no one knows how to
do these things.  They introduced it at the skate-around on the 13th,
it appeared at the football game (homecoming weekend) the next day.
OK, so everyone sees how great it is.  Now they want to buy stuff
with the new mascot on it, like shirts and hats, so they can show
their friends.  No can do.  Nothing is ready.  In fact, RPI didn't
have a souvenir stand at the first home hockey game (at least not
on the north side).  So any enthusiasm built up at the unveiling has
long since died.  They only way you see the thing is at a sporting
event, which the majority of people don't attend.  Nice work.

By the way, I don't like it.  I think it looks like Sam, the bald
eagle from the Muppet Show, except in red.

Puckman-

He'll be staying around.  Coach Fridgen likes it.

Web Pages-

I had completed (mostly) two different sets of web pages last
week, only to have RPI shut down access to web pages within hours of
my doing so.  However, on Friday they reopened access.  So, here's
my announcement to the hockey-l crowd.

The WRPI Sports Page is at http://www.rpi.edu/~stuttk/wrpispts.html
It has info on RPI Hockey and Football, College Hockey, and various
other stuff (soon to have a RPI Mascot section with all kinds of
logos and gifs).

The College Hockey Historical Archives is at
http://www.rpi.edu/~stuttk/hockey.html.
This is to be strictly an archive of material.  It's not completed,
but I felt I had to announce both these things at once, since they
link to each other.

Please check out both sections and tell me what you think.

WRPI-

My apologies to the listeners who didn't get to hear the first period
of Saturday's game due to technical difficulties.  Jayson and I will
be in the station Monday morning to try and reconstruct the "problem"
so it won't happen again.  We still don't know what the problem was,
but I have an idea and if I'm right, heads will roll.

RPI Hockey-

I should talk about hockey, shouldn't I?

In the first three games RPI has been consistently outshot by more
than a 2-1 margin (3-1 in two games).  You are never going to win
like that.  The only reason these games are not blowouts is because
of Mike Tamburro.  But, keep two things in mind-

1.  Even with Tamburro in net, RPI is losing.

2.  Tamburro will not have a great night every night.

RPI is not generating any significant offense.  Check the boxscores
at the WRPI Sports Website.  It's a young team, younger than the one
that finished sixth last year.  I picked them to finish eighth this
year, Jayson picked ninth, and we might be optomistic.  This team has
not yet begun to gell, and until it does, it may not win.  Even if it
does start, the road will still be rough and RPI is going to take
a lot of losses early in the conference schedule.

It's going to be a long season everyone.

Kurt Stutt
"When one is polite in German one lies."
--J. W. Goethe, "Faust"
--------
Kurt Stutt     ([log in to unmask])