Here's a side topic that I find interesting, especially
for off-season discussion.  What are some great
"All-State" teams, defined as an all-star team of
players from the same home state (not necessarily
playing in that state).  I'll propose an All-Michigan
Team below, but I'm not qualified for other states.
I imagine that the All-Massachusetts and All-Minnesota
teams would be awesome.  An 18-20 man roster would
be cool, but I'll simply start with 6.  Don't feel restricted
to include only Division I players.  For that matter, in-state
players that opted for the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL)
over the NCAA are also free to claim.  (Please, no
All-Ontario Team, etc, though.)  In my haste, I only
looked at Division I players.

I know that many summer hangers-on will think this is
lame, but I'm bored and October is still a LONG way
away. :-)

My 1994-95 All-Michigan Team:

  F  Brian Felsner SO Lake Superior (Mt Clemens MI)
  F  Kevin Hilton JR Michigan (Monroe MI)
  F  Mike Knuble SR Michigan (Caledonia MI)
  D  Keith Aldridge JR Lake Superior (Bloomfield Hills MI)
  D  Brian Rafalski SR Wisconsin (Allen Park MI)
  G  Tim Thomas SO Vermont (Davison MI)

Not a bad bunch...four All-Americans and a pair of 20-goal,
50-point men in Felsner and Hilton.

John H
U Mich