Greg Bryden wrote:

> Well in thinking back to the national championship game I recalled that when
> players scuffled in the corners for the puck that the people in the first row of
> the stands would lean forward and pound on the glass. I know people can't do
> that at the USAir Arena during Capitals games and don't recall people doing it
> while at UofM games.. so just wondering if this is a common occurance elsewhere?

No, it's not, in my experience.  Such behavior would get you thrown out of
Mariucci Arena (probably after a fair warning).  We were amazed that
the Providence Civic Center security guards did nothing as some fans repeatedly
pounded on the glass.  Either the guards weren't aware that that can be a
danger to players and fans (if the glass is broken or dislodged) or the
Providence security people were too busy harrassing people for trading pins
and ordering people to return to their seats during play instead of waiting
at the top of the aisle for a stoppage so they wouldn't block anyone's
view.

-Pam Sweeney
Go Gophers!!!
1995 NC$$ Phinal Phour!!!