> John Forsyth writes: [ attributing a quote to Joubert ]
>
> >"Two faced"<--- (bold print)
> >
> >"In any other sport, (Maine) probably would have had the death penalty
> >by now," Joubert said in the magazine's latest edition.  "Its almost
> >a situation where they see how much they can try to get away with."
> >
> >----------------End quoted material----------------------------------
>
> It is unfortunate that Mr. Joubert did say that as it is comments like this
> that make me wonder why I bothered to gain so much respect for Boston
> University over the Championship weekend.  I actually watched the tape,
> watched BU win with class, and actually thought positively about Jack
> Parker.  This comment is very unfortunate.
>
> I assume that Mr. Joubert is "accusing" Maine of trying to lengthen out the
> investigation.  That is not to their advantage, but since I am not Walter
> Abbott or Shawn Walsh I cannot say for sure.  Assuming that the "goal" for
> Maine is to get the greatest advantage possible out of this investigation,
> they would have tried to make it as fast as possible, since if we all
> remember correctly this was supposed to be a "rebuilding" year.  With the
> recruits Maine has coming in, and the vast majority of their team coming
> back, it would not be rational for Maine to "purposely" delay investigation
> as I believe Joubert is accusing them of doing.

clearly Mr. Forsyth has never had the "pleasure" of dealing with the
NC$$ committee on infractions, and hence does not have sufficient
context to properly make his unfortunate accusation that Mr. Joubert
is somehow leveling accusations at the University of Maine.  Mr.
Forsythe has to understand that
1) when he assumes, he is assuming incorrectly.
2) The institution seems to have little control of the timing of an
   NC$$ investigation
3) Mr. Joubert MAY (repeat) MAY PERHAPS (repeat) PERHAPS POSSIBLY
   (repeat) POSSIBLY have been intending to remark that by delaying
   completion of their investigation, the NC$$ is improperly
   penalizing Maine by causing this investigatory cloud to hang over
   maine and hence be an impediment to Maine's recruiting

charlie shub   University of Colorado at Colorado Springs
[log in to unmask]  -or-  cdash@colospgs (BITNET)
(719) 593 3492               (fax) 593-3369