Kenneth Michael Baker:

>No real significant mention was made of next year's freshman.
>Only Andrew 'Bubba' Berenzweig was mentioned as our only new defenseman.

Not too surprizingly with 3 of Michigan's top 4 defensemen returning.

>Mark Sakala announced he would play his senior year of eligibility as he
>was redshirted his freshman year in 1991-1992.

That's a plus. Michigan loses very little on the blueline with Halko,
Sloan, Schock, and now Sakala returning. Berenzweig should add to this
depth, leaving Frescoln, Fox, and Bourque fighting for the last spot.

The other highly-touted recruits are Greg Crozier and Sean Ritchlin.
Crozier has been compared to Knuble, while Ritchlin can hit and skate
and should fill in for graduating Rick Willis.

Other incoming freshmen are Justin Clark, Hayes, and Romaninsky? But I
haven't heard much about them.

Unless an underclassman turns pro, 11 of the top 12 scorers will be
returning to Michigan. The Devils are not known for keeping prospects in
college very long (i.e. Rolston), but Morrison may stay due to his size.
Luhning's strong academic standing will likely keep him in Ann Arbor.
Botterill had a down year, and last season Robb Gordon considered playing
major juniors.

Go Blue!

MC
--