I would like to know what Gopher hockey fans think of the upcoming
season, recruits, redshirts, and current players:

Personally, I am anxious to see Clint Johnson play. He is a 2nd round
draft pick who was obviously redshirted this year. He will definitely add
size to the forwards. I am also anxious to see our goaltending and how
they perform. I read in the Trib that Woog is going to split Moen and
DeBus. If Moen performs as he did in hte 93-94 season, there should be no
problems there.
   As for the forwards, Brian Bonin, Ryan Kraft, and Nick Checco will be
counted on to have big years. Bonin had a fantastic year and it will be
intersting to see what he can do in 95-96. Kraft showed that he will be a
star at the U of M, well, he already is. Checco had a decent year, strong
beginning and strong end. I feel he is ready to break out and have a
really good year.
   It will be interesting to see how the recruits perform. Reg Berg,
Wyatt Smith, Erik Rasmussen, and Mike Anderson at forward. Billy Kohn on
defense. Out of that bunch, everyone expects Rasmussen to be the best,
personally, I feel that Wyatt Smith will surprise a lot of people and
will be another future star here at the U.
   Defense will NOT be a problem. All of our D returns, Godbout though
will most likely be redshirted. I am anxious to see Mike Crowley have
another great year. He is hte best rushing defenseman I have EVER seen at
the U.

Have fun reading and responding Gopher fans. This fan looks forward to
hte 95-96 season and hopes the Gopher HOckey team captures teh WCHA
regular season title, playoff title, and finally wins the big one for
Coach Woog.

Ryan Bowman
Gopher Hockey Rules