In article <[log in to unmask]>, Ely Ben-Naim
<[log in to unmask]> says:

>3. Is this me being biased or the referees in the
>   title game called the penalties unevenly. They
>   practically put maine back in the game with
>   a 5x3. BU was called 8 times (to maine's 4)

Wait a minute here. Although I have never seen the NCAA hockey rule
book, I KNOW there is no rule that says the referees shall "call
penalties evenly."

This is something that gets me at basketball and hockey games, fans
who scream: "Call it both ways, ref, we have six fouls and they have
two!" If one team commits 6 penalties or fouls and the other team
hasn't, that's the way it is! No official should call penalties for
the sake of "evening things up."

Maine was, what, next to last in Hockey East for total number of
penalty minutes? That shows the team doesn't commit many penalties.

Ryan Robbins               "Nothing in fine print is ever good news."
University of Maine                                  -- Andy Rooney