Lake Superior State University announced the signing of New York
native Jason Sessa to a National Letter of Intent today.
        Sessa, a native of Deer Park, N.Y., led the United States Hockey
League (USHL) in goal scoring while still a midget-aged player with the
Rochester Mustangs this season.  The 6-1, 175-pound right wing collected
45 goals in 40 games and totalled 67 points to place sixth in the USHL
scoring race
        "Jason is an excellent goal-scorer and skater," said Head Coach
Jeff Jackson.  "He needs to work on his strength this summer,  but we
envision him as an impact player."
        Sessa is projected as a second-round pick in this year's NHL
draft by NHL Central Scouting.
        "He comes from the same program that produced Kurt Miller, Jay
Ness and Keith Aldridge,"  said Jackson. "Jason has great character and
desire.  We look forward to his addition to our program."
        Sessa joins two other recruits who signed with LSSU during the
November signing period.  They are:
        *Mike Kucsulain, 6-4, 205,  LW/C,  Presently playing for
Compuware in Junior National Championship.  Compiled 21 goals and 60
points in 33 regular-season games. Troy,  Michigan native.
        *Trevor Demmans, 6-0, 200, D,  Led SJHL in scoring by defenseman
with 17 goals and 58 points for the Nipawin Hawks.  Nipawin, Saskatchewan
native.
        The Lakers return 21 letterwinners from last year's squad.

Scott Monaghan
LSSU Asst. Athletic Director