And another vote for Bob Gaudet.  He took the Bears, this year picked
to finish around the middle of the pack in the ECAC, and led them to
a second-place finish.  Not to mention that Brown was *never* less than
second place from game 1 vs. Harvard to game 22 vs. SLU.  Also,
Gaudet has been (to put it nicely) passed over for ECAC coah of the
year quite often recently, especially when he took Brown to the NC$$s
a couple of years back with a victory over then No. 1 Lake Superior St.
during the season.  Another thing to consider is Brown's stellar record
in close games this year.  Brown was (I believe) 5-0-1 in league games
decided by 1 goal or less.  A stat like that requires two things.  One is
luck, and no one will deny that Brown had some of that this year.  But more
importantly, an almost perfect record in 1 goal games means that Gaudet
really knows how to manage his players in a tight game, when player
management matters most.  Here's hoping that after being passed over
several times, Bob Gaudet finally gets the recognition that he deserves
from his peers.  (Don't forget that when Gaudet came to Brown, we were
outright horrible, and a tenth place finish with a play-off spot was
good.  Now, we're somewhat dissapointed with a second place finish.)
Go Bears!