Paul Barber <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 In the February 27, 1995 edition of Sports Illustrated, there is a column
called Inside College Hockey by Austin Murphy.  This is similar to
there other Inside ... columns.  It features Maine's surprise season,
Colorado College's disappointment at not being selected to last
year's NCAA tournament and this year's changes that will avoid that
situation, and their pick for the Hobey Baker, Brian Holzinger of
Bowling Green.

Hopefully this will column will continue.  Maybe we could try and
encourage them by e-mailing a note of thanks to them.  This is the
only address I have for them: [log in to unmask]  I do
know they have something on CompuServe.

I sent a "thank-you" letter to both Mr. Murphy and the Editor of SI.  With
the number of people here on Hockey-L and Hockey-D, my guess is that if
most of us did the same, we can get them to at least consider more college
hockey coverage.

I got the address out of the magazine's masthead - if anybody wants it and
doesn't have access to it, let me know.

   - Steve

P.S.  As a subscriber of SI, I occassionally receive a little "survey"
that asks what sports I follow and would like to see in the magazine.  I
ALWAYS write in "college hockey" and I hhope that maybe my voice has lead
to some of the stories we've seen this year.