Reply to:   RE>>Mike Grier and the Blues

From  Mani Vembar:

>> Of course, Mike was asked about the prospect of being the first
>> African-American in the NHL.  He was very gracious and said it was
>
>Not sure about this.  Didn't Graeme Townshend (RPI) play for
>the Boston Bruins?

I'm not an expert on the subject, just repeating what was said.  In the last
week or two there was some discussion about this on  Hockey-L.  There
was an opinion expressed that many (all?) of the black NHL players, past
and present were not African-Americans (i.e. Jamacian, Canadian, etc.).
Maybe someone out there knows more about this.

Bill Balloni
Wisconsin '85  --  WCHA tourney title here we come!