On Mon, 6 Mar 1995, Lynn Burke wrote:

> By The Associated Press
>    It was a first for the Minnesota Gophers, but one they'd
> like to forget.
>    Despite a 5-3 victory over St. Cloud State Sunday for a
> split of their weekend series, the Gophers finished fourth
> in the final WCHA regular season standings. Never before has
> Minnesota finished lower than second.

Never before?  Hardly.  This season marks the 22nd time in 43 WCHA
seasons that Minnesota has not finished 1st or 2nd.  It has been 11
seasons since it happened last, but never is quite an overstatement.

Tony

Anthony J. Frolik                            University of Minnesota Duluth
Go Bulldogs!                                  13-15-4 WCHA, 16-16-4 Overall
            My views are not representative of the University.