In article <[log in to unmask]>,
Ralph Baer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Actually, more than eight players from RPI's 1984-85 team played
>professionally, although eight played in the NHL.  Besides for Oates
>and Puppa whom Jack mentioned, these are John Carter, Mike Dark, Tim
>Friday, Ken Hammond, Kraig Nienhuis, and George Servinis.  I know that
>Maurice Mansi played professionally in Italy because he was on the
>Italian Olympic team.  Jeff Prendergast played in the minors.  I have
>been told that Terry Butryn, Mark Jooris, and Neil Hernberg have also
>played overseas.  (Jooris was also on the Canadian National team for a
>while.)  I am interested if anyone can add to this, if any of the
>other members of the 1985 team eventually played professionally.

Mark Jooris played a few games in the AHL in 1987-88; since he
finished at RPI after the 1985-86 season, he must have played
somewhere else for the 1986-87 season - perhaps Europe?

Moe Mansi played in the AHL & IHL in 1988-89.

Jeff Prendegast played in the AHL & IHL in 1986-87.

It is interesting to note that none of these players played in
the lesser hockey leagues at the time, the Atlantic Coast League
or the All America Hockey League; these leagues were the
equivalent of the ECHL today - many college players who weren't
good enough for the professional developmental leagues.
They may have played in the Continental Hockey League, which
is kind of a mystery league, but I haven't ever seen stats or
records from that particular league.

Actually, a player named Mike Dark showed up in the Colonial
League during the 1991-92 season; he played about 4 games. I imagine
it is the same Mike Dark that went to RPI.

Ralph