>---It *DEFINITELY* makes a difference when one team has to play 2 nights in a
>row while the other comes in fresh for the second round. Denver and LSSU might
>have actually beaten BU and Maine with a day off inbetween the games; as is,
>their legs were gone by the mid-point of the Saturday night games, and the
>Terriers and Black Bears cruised to wins.
[snip]
>---The NC$$ should scrap the hour-length delay between games. I know this
is for
>TV purposes, but it's a real time-killer for the fans, particularly since
only 1
>game from each region on Friday and Saturday nights was being televised
>*nationally*. Did many markets--outside of some local independent
>channels--actually pick up the syndicated NC$$ Productions telecasts that
>*weren't* televised by ESPN2?

Call me crazy but IMO, Minnesota actually benefited by playing an extra
game. The shutout over RPI gave Callinan an extra boost of confidence for
the CC game.  Plus, CC may have been a little flat because they didn't have
a game under their belt like the Gophers did.  Secondly, I don't think the
NCAA playoff format should be changed to a best of 3 in a neutral site
because I don't think there would be enough fans in neutral sites to make it
profitable.  Even last weekend at the West Regional it looked like the Great
Dane was less than half full for games that didn't involve the hometown
Badgers.  Finally, in the Twin Cities both NCAA Produced games were
televised on Midwest Sports Channel.  I sure was glad that the UW-Mich game
was televised because it was a great one to watch.

Jon
Go Gophers
Final Four Bound