In a very rough  game, Minnesota-Duluth topped the Wildcats 6-3 at the
DECC Friday night.  The game was marred by a plethora of roughing
penalties, but nobody got more than a double minor until the end of the
game when an NMU player took a 10 minute misconduct at the 20 minute mark
of period 3.  I think that the refs blew many calls:

1. They should have given out some majors, to both teams, for the
fights.  I also think they should have thrown a couple out, too.  (Once
again, I mean both teams)

2.  A checking the goalie in the priviliged area was called when Rod
Aldoff skated by the goalie (Mitchell) and may have touched his stick, and
the goalie took a tremendous dive.  He was up immediately, laughing.  I
also finally found out what the priviliged area is, so that part of the
call would have been right.

3. Way too many holding and interference calls were let go.  This must be
something about the building, because the night before, in the high
school regional final game, they didn't call anything either.

UMD kept it's slim chance for home ice.  Today we need to beat NMU, UAA
needs to beat UND, UM has to beat SCSU tonight and tomorrow, and UW has to
win tonight or tomorrow against MTU.  It's tough having to root for
Wisconsin, but I guess I have to. ;)

Tony

Anthony J. Frolik                            University of Minnesota Duluth
Go Bulldogs!                                  12-15-4 WCHA, 15-16-4 Overall
            My views are not representative of the University.