>Not having seen much western college hockey this season, it was great
>being able to see the Wisconsin-Michigan State game tonight on The
>Deuce.  Whatta great game!!  The first two periods were played intensely
>on both sides and the 3-3 score was a good reflection of the game.
>However, the Badgers were able to use their momentum from the second
>period to dominate in the third and win 5-3.
>One of the players who impressed me the most was Wisconsin's #3
>Rafalski.  His defense was extremely solid and his passes were right on.
>Question for Badgers out there: did Rafalski just have a good game or is
>he always that good? What are his season stats?
>later,
>Tony
>GO BU!!!!

Here are the stats of the top four scorers for Wisconsin this year.

Player        GP   SOG   G   A   Pts   Pen   PIM   PPG
Williams      41   107   25  26  51    21    58    4
Rafalski      41   128   11  30  41    19    46    1
Balkovec      39   119   4   33  37    47    102   2
Spencer       39   98    14  21  35    21    53    4

As you can see Rafalski has be important (statistically) for the Badgers
over the length of the season.  He doesn't play that well EVERY game but
usually gets pretty close to his excellent preformance tonight.  Some in
the city and WCHA thought Rafalski should/could have been a Hobey canidate.

--eric

and then there were eight... bring on the Wolverines!