Reply to:   Importance of RPI in NC$$ Selection

Katie wrote:
>Yes, the league schedule was the same, but not the non-league schedule.
>I think the playoff (WCHA) format is fair - how would you propose to
>change it to keep the #1 team's RPI from falling, keeping the pairings
>fair to all teams involved?

How about "freezing" the RPICH schedule difficulty figures at the end of
the regular season?  This way, number one seeds playing low seeds will
not be penalized.  A team's own win% would still change in figuring the
ratings as the playoffs progressed.

Bill Balloni
Wisconsin '85  --  WCHA tourney title here we come!