Jeff Brune writes, regarding Minnesota having a greater
RPI value than Colorado College...
>There is no way that Minnesota, who finished a distant fourth in the
league,
>should have a better ranking than the team that finished far ahead in first
>place when both teams had the same league schedule.  Pardon my French, but
>this is bullshit.

Jeff, you are way off base.  First of all, CC and Minn did
NOT have the same league schedule.  Minnesota played
a more difficult schedule facing Northern Michigan and
Alaska Anchorage twice and everyone else four times.
CC's two-game season series were against stronger
opponents, Minnesota-Duluth and Wisconsin.

And, you're forgetting that the RPI takes into account the
non-conference games as well.  Minnesota looks much
better in that regard, IMO.  CC split with Michigan, swept
Air Force and swept Alaska Fairbanks.  A 5-1-0 record,
but the four games versus AFA and UAF didn't help them.
Minnesota defeated Michigan, Michigan State, Yale and
lost to BU.  Only a 3-1-0 record, but a tougher schedule.

Of course, CC and Minn are close enough (.01) in RPI
value that they may be compared using the other criteria.
Head-to-head, they are 2-2-0.  They may meet again in
the WCHA playoffs.  From my calculations, CC is 8-7-1
versus teams under consideration while Minn is 8-8-3,
so a slight edge to CC.  From Dave Naghski's posting,
CC is 13-6-1 in their last 20 while Minnesota is 10-6-4.
Edge to CC again.  And, from my calculations, CC also
has the advantage versus common opponents, 25-10-1
to Minnesota's 19-11-5.

So, CC is looking good at the moment.  However, if CC
and Minnesota meet again head-to-head, the winner
will likely get the higher seed (IMO, based on the above).

Personally, I've seen both teams and I wouldn't want to
run into either of them.

Fwiw...Michigan finished 3-2-0 in the WCHA this season.
(Split with CC, loss to Minn, wins over Wisconsin and MTU.)

John H
U Mich