Andy Weise writes:
>The Albany Times-Union reported this morning that the *likely* times
>for the ECAC semi-final games on Friday would be the RPI-Colgate game
>at 5:00 and the Clarkson-Princeton game at 8:00. These times were pure
>speculation on the T-U's part, but can anybody confirm which games
>will be played when?

I saw a copy of Harvard's game program Sat night, and it said that the
highest remaining seed would play at 8 pm unless there were "two
Northern teams" playing each other in the other game, in which case
that would be the 8:00 game.

I'm going to guess that Colgate isn't "Northern" enough, and that
RPI-Colgate will be at 5.  I wonder which teams fall into the category
of "Northern", however.  Clarkson, SLU, and Vermont would seem to...but
RPI isn't far from LP either.

TV
Here is the TV situation as I know it for this weekend, in New
England.  All times Eastern.

* FRI 3/17 *
NESN will have the HE semis (5 & 8 pm) live and will show one ECAC
semi on delay overnight (2 am?) - not sure which one.

SportsChannel will have the ECAC semis (5 & 8 pm) live.

* SAT 3/18 *
NESN will have the HE championship (8 pm) live and the ECAC
championship on delay at 11 pm or immediately following.

SC will have the CCHA semis (1 & 5 pm) live and the ECAC championship
(8 pm) live.

* SUN 3/19 *
Not sure yet.  I assume SC will have the CCHA championship live at 2
pm.  I don't know if NESN will have either of the CCHA/WCHA games,
even on delay.

I also don't know if either NESN or SC will carry the selection show
(9 pm), but since it is usually all fluff, I don't expect we'd miss
anything.  But, if anyone who sees it can post anything interesting
that does come out of it, I know those of us who can't see it would
appreciate it - thanks in advance.