With UNH being knocked out by PC last night, some have raised the
question of whether that would affect UNH's seeding for the NC$$s.

I added in the following results to see what happens to Clarkson and
UNH:

* Clarkson sweep of Cornell
* Brown sweep of Princeton
* Vermont sweep of Colgate
* Clarkson semi win over Vermont
* Brown semi win over Harvard
* Clarkson final win over Brown

That would be semi and final matchups with the two other ECAC teams
with the highest Win%'s, so as to help Clarkson the most by playing
them.

UNH still has an edge, but it is just under .01 - yet, still large
enough that I do not believe the results of any other games could
enable Clarkson to finish ahead of UNH in the RPI.

So Clarkson's only hope would be to finish within .01 of UNH as I
mentioned and force the comparison with other factors.  UNH starts out
with a +3: +2 for head-to-head, and +1 for the RPI.  That leaves three
other factors: Last20, CommonOpp, and TUC (record vs teams under
consideration).  I have not bothered to do the last 3 yet.

BUT...

Even if Clarkson won all three, giving us a tie in the comparison, the
tiebreaker is the RPI.  And as I said, I am fairly certain (without
doing a more extensive investigation) that there is no way Clarkson
will finish ahead of UNH in the RPI.

So no, it appears that Clarkson can do nothing to catch UNH for what
would be the third seed in the East.

Remember that this is IF the committee does follow the same procedure
they have followed the last couple of years.  Somehow I will not be
surprised if they throw a new wrinkle that we do not expect into
things.  It always seems to happen.  (Last year, it was keeping the
regional hosts at home.)