>  Four Division 1 teams playing within
>the city limits of Boston and constant sellouts of the Beanpot tournament
>would seem to be evidence enough.  I would say Boston is #1, not the
>imposters mentioned.

In MN defense I would also like to add that College Hockey (and pro hockey)
also compete very heavily with High School hockey here.  When I went to
college (where 75% of the students were outstate) they folks from outside
MN (including Boston) could not believe that the H.S. tournement was
televised!  And the fact the Minnesotan's would conquer the public TV's to
watch it (taking out the college basketball tournament games) was cause for
much consternation.

When I think of big hockey states I think of Minnesota and Mass.  But to
say that Boston is #1...nah.

Andrew Golla

Andrew W. Golla       <<[log in to unmask]>>  or