When I returned from a week's vacation, my mailbox was filled with the
expected hundreds of messages from Hockey-L (thanks!).  Among these
were another thread about bands, this time devoted to the RPI-Brown
game.

Two thoughts.

I can only recall about two occasions in the 10 years that I was at
RPI that a visiting team brought its band along.  (This might be
faulty memory.)  I wonder why this practice has apparently increased.
(Higher band budgets?, greater interest in hockey vs b-ball among
teams that RPI faces?)

Sometime last summer it was announced that the RPI-Brown game would be
shown on closed circuit TV as RPI's annual televised game.  Eventually
it was decided that the RPI-Clarkson in Potsdam would be shown
instead.  I asked a couple of people if they knew why these plans were
changed and one of the replies that I received was that Brown did not
want to participate in this -- they did not think that there would be
significant interest in attendence by their Alumni.  Does anyone
actually have the facts about this?

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, '74