I've noticed a few messages regarding the play of various high
school teams and some inquiries about future players.  So, with the
various high school tournaments starting up now, I thought I would
take this opportunity to remind the people on HOCKEY-L about the
hs-hockey mailing list.

  So, here goes:
---
    For those of you interested in a discussion on the world of High
School hockey, there is a mailing list designed with this purpose in
mind.  This mailing list will be open for anyone who is interested,
and it will need active participation from it's readers if it is to
succeed.

    Having participated on the [log in to unmask] mailing list
for years, I realized that there is a great deal about the world of
hockey on the High School and Prep School level that I don't know
about.  After all, where are all of those players who end up in the
colleges and the pros coming from?  As a fan of hockey in general, I
realized that what worked for College with HOCKEY-L could just as well
work on the High School level.  This can provide a way to learn more
about other regions of the country, and to learn about players as they
are developing into the future of this great sport.

    To subscribe to the new mailing list:

        Send email to "[log in to unmask]" and put the
        word "subscribe" in the Subject: line.

    There is also a "digest" version which will send out all of the
letters from the "hs-hockey" mailing list, but in a single large mail
message once every few days.  To join that instead:

        Send email to "[log in to unmask]" and put the
        word "subscribe" in the Subject: line.

    For reference, here is our current WELCOME message:

        The "[log in to unmask]" mailing list is dedicated to the
        discussion of the sport of ice hockey on the high school, prep, or
        high school-equivalent level.  Issues such as score summaries, team
        or player stats, rules, and the recruiting of high school players
        for beyond their high school years are among the topics which will
        be discussed on this list.  Other topics or news items that pertain
        to high school hockey are also welcome.

        "Woofing" and the attacking of teams/schools, players and other
        posters is not welcome on the mailing list.  Open and honest
        discussions about the merits of schools, regions of the country,
        or individual players is reasonable, as long as the above policy
        is kept in mind.

        Some other mailing lists and discussion groups which might be of
        interest to hs-hockey readers:

             Topic            List               Subscription Address
         ---------------  ---------------   ----------------------------------
         College Hockey   HOCKEY-L          [log in to unmask]
                                            [Put "subscribe hockey-l" in body]

         Div III College  hockey3           [log in to unmask]
                                            [Put "subscribe" in subject]

         Olympic Hockey   OLYMPUCK          [log in to unmask]
                                            [Put "subscribe olympuck" in body]

         NHL Hockey       rec.sport.hockey  Access USENET newsgroups and look
                                            for the newsgroup rec.sport.hockey
                                            This newsgroup also periodically
                                            posts a list of mailing lists for
                                            the various NHL teams.

        If you need additional information on any of these lists or
        discussion groups, please feel free to send e-mail to me at

If you should wish to sign-off the mailing list, send email to the
address "[log in to unmask]" with the word "unsubscribe" in
the Subject: line.

Adam Bryant