I want to take this opportunity (whether or not it belongs in this forum)
to apologize for the few morons who thought it was cool to throw junk
on the ice last night at Mariucci.  Please, North Dakota fans, and College
Hockey fans alike, do not think this is representative of ALL Minnesota
fans.  All it takes is a few losers to give 9400 people a bad reputation.
Yes, over the years we have all seen tons of dead gophers thrown on the
ice in North Dakota, but just because 1000 students or so take part
in this activity does not mean that every UND fan throws stuff, or even
thinks this activity is funny.  Throwing stuff on the ice, as Erik has
pointed out, is not a common occurance at Mariucci, or I'm sure at most
any rink (octupi at Joe Louis the exception) - so please, don't think that
we're all stupid enough to find an action like this funny.  It's not.
There are people out there on the ice, about 43 of them plus coaches.
These people could become severly injured by what you're throwing.  Not
to mention, the Gophers could have easily lost last night had they been
assessed a delay of game penalty.  So, PLEASE, don't find this behavior
reflective of all MN fans, and if you are someone who gets off by throwing
stuff on the ice, PLEASE STOP NOW!

Katie
Go Gophers!