>Vermont is .500 but is HEAVILY outscoring its opponents.  Good example -- They
>blow a 2-goal lead vs. Dartmouth, lose in OT, then beat them 10-1 the next
>night.  That's been typical.

Vermont is above .500 overall. UVM's current record, goal for and against
overall and in ECAC play:

          GP  W  L  T   GF  GA
OVERALL   28 15 11  2  118  89
LEAGUE    18  8  8  2   74  52

>I've noticed that Thomas can have a bad period, but never a bad game.  And if
>Vermont gets the lead, they usually protect it (except above).  Thomas had a
>bad first period against Princeton, but I always had the sense Princeton better
>put him away or Vermont could come back.  They did and the defense was great
>after getting the lead.

Also, Tim Thomas did not just have a bad game against BU, he had a horrible
game against BU.  The Terriers won 11-1.

As for UMass:

>The true irony of the UMass situation is that they changed from a Native
>American symbol to the Minutemen because it was considered offensive to
>Native Americans to have them as your symbol... *YET* last year a bunch
>of protesters complained that having a "White male with a gun" was
>offensive because it was glorifying white males (I'm not making this up,
>check out the back copies of the Boston Globe!).  One protester even asked
>the media how white people would feel if it was a minority as the symbol.

Before the Minuteman were the Redskins (with a Chicago Blackhawk/UND logo),
they were the Farmers!  I wonder if they changed it because the local
farmers got upset?  :-)

Sean Pickett
Go BU Terriers, 1994 Hockey East Champions!
BU Hockey Page:  http://www.tiac.net/users/spickett/hockey.html