In lieu of the OJ trial, the midweek lull this week seems to be centering
on HB award people.  I find it interesting that the general trend is
towards not making it in the pros.  But a similar trend exists for the
Heisman in football, no? Maybe it is just the very small percentage of
ANYONE who makes it to the big leagues in any sports .... and that the HB
people, while perhaps slightly morelikely tomake it are still mostly very
unlikely tomake it as any one individual would be!!  Make sense to anyone?

On the other hand, maybe we can focus on talents and desires and
attributes that DO make the transiton to the pros by looking at some of
the NON HB winners. Being an RPI fan, Oates, Juneau, McPhee and Puppa come
to mind, but of course there are many others who were above avg in college
but have made it sorta big time...... what do they have that translated to
the pros that the HBs did not?  is it the team that selected them?  I feel
Robb Stauber might finally blossom now that he is out from the Kings, for
example.  OTOH, I recalll Adam Oates was a superb playmaker in college and
it continued in the pros, first with Brett Hullin St Louis, then onto
Boston .....  then, of course, there is Brett Hull himself who never won
it, but obviously is an excellent pro.....  he played an incredible game
against RPI and Oates in the 3OT semifinal NCAA game in 85, BTW...

anyway, hope to start a minor thread here.

Go Engineers!!

Tony Buffa
RPI '64