Thanks to Leigh Torbin for posting the box for Saturday's UMass v.
UMass-Lowell game.  Here's the box from the Friday night game at Lowell:

UMass           0  3  1 - 4
UMass-Lowell    2  2  3 - 7

First Period:
Scoring
UML  Daw 25 (Sandholm, Libett) 1:52
UML  Concannon 9 (Bullock, Sbrocca) pp 18:09

Penalties
UMA  Wagar (Hooking) 11:18
UML  Mayes (Holding) 13:55
UMA  Perry (Interference) 17:28
UMA  Corcoran (Cross-checking) 17:47

Second Period:
Scoring
UML  Concannon 10 (Campbell, Donovan) 0:20
UMA  Norris 10 (Fawcett, Norton) 3:29
UMA  Corcoran 2 (Hooper, O'Connell) 4:10
UML  Basaraba 4 (Mayes, Lindsay) 11:12
UMA  Gaffney 1 (unassisted) 17:10

Penalties
UML  Kriss (Inteference) 4:26
UMA  Norton (Roughing) 9:01
UML  Dartsch (Roughing) 9:01
UML  Sbrocca (Roughing) 12:09
UMA  Hooper (Hooking) 13:03
UML  Campbell (Slashing) 13:59

Third Period:
Scoring
UML  Donovan 13 (Daw, Bullock) pp 5:51
UML  Donovan 14 (unassisted) sh 11:22
UML  Concannon 11 (Donovan) sh 15:00
UMA  Cahill 3 (O'Connell, Smith) 15:51

Penalties
UML  Donovan (Interference) 2:25
UMA  Evans (Interference) 2:25
UML  Corcoran (Cross-checking) 5:37
UML  Dartsch (Slashing) 10:24
UML  Dartsch (High sticking major, Game disqualification) 10:24
UMA  Corcoran (Roughing, Hitting after the whistle) 15:51
UMA  Gaffney (Roughing, Hitting after the whistle) 15:51
UML  Mahoney (Roughing, Hitting after the whistle) 15:51
UML  Henderson (Roughing, Hitting after the whistle) 15:51

Shots on Goal
UMass           5  12   8 - 25
UMass-Lowell   12  12  11 - 35

Goalies
UMA Kilduff (34 shots, 27 saves)
UMA Moriarty (15:00 3rd, 1 shot, 1 save)
UML Lindsay (25 shots, 21 saves)

Power Plays
UMass         0 for 6
UMass-Lowell  2 for 5

Att. 1405

As Leigh mentioned, this series was very vicious.  I'm glad that Leigh
mentioned that the hit that Aaron Kriss put on Jon Jacques Saturday night
was a clean hit, because I just didn't see it.  (I happened to be admiring
Julius Erving's retired number 32 banner hanging from the ceiling of the
Mullin's Center at the time).  The UMass faithful were calling for Kriss'
head as if he just committed the cheapest shot of all time.  On the other
hand, the high-stick that Lowell's David Dartsch committed Friday night
WAS cheap and it wouldn't surprise me if the league took furthur action
besides the one-game suspension.  During stoppage in play Dartsch
cross-checked a UMass player right up under his chin sending him to the
ice.  The UMass player (sorry, I can't remember who it was), skated away
towards his own net and then collapsed.  He ended up losing consciousness
for a few minutes and suffered from a concussion.  This hit lead to more
battles as the game went on including a fracas after Gerry Cahill (UMass)
scored the game's final goal.  I mention this incident because it was
rememberable by the fact that linesman Andy Henniger was having such a
hard time restraining UMass' Brian Corcoran that Henniger ended up picking
up and throwing Corcoran to the ground with a thud.

All-in-all, I was relatively pleased with Lowell's performance.  It looks
like Craig Lindsay will be the man from here on out, and he seems to be
responding.  He was never really tested either night, but he did stop a
breakaway at UMass as well as making a couple nifty "how'd he stop that?"
saves.  He, as well as the team itself, seemed to play with confidence,
something that seems to escape them at times.  They did seem to go to
sleep a bit everytime they'd go up by 3 goals.  Bullock and Sbrocca have
been starting to play well again, although it might just be that UMass
can't stop them.  Sbrocca had 10 assists and 1 goal in the three games and
Bullock also had ten points.  While I realize that it's a bit farfetched,
Lowell still has a chance from home-ice but they must win at least one in
Maine this weekend.  I'm more concerned about them keeping themselves
focused and disciplined.  When this team WANTS to play they can play with
anybody, the trouble is, as I've said before, they put their tails between
their legs when someone makes a mistake and it sometimes takes forever for
them to regroup.

I was told that Saturday night's game was going to unfold a new trophy
that would awarded to the winner of the season's series but I didn't hear
any mention of it at the game.  (Of course, I may have missed it, arriving
at the Mullins Center during the announcement of line-ups).  These two
schools will grow to be great rivals, I feel, much in the same way as BU
and BC.  If the ugliness of these last two games are any indication, it
may be a rough ride from here on out....

Steve Weisfeldt
Univ. of Lowell  1986, 1988                       Home of the 'Hawks!!
[log in to unmask]                          8-10-1 [1] (13-15-4)