>This is only partly correct.  From what I understand there are
>basically two "champions" declared  in HE.
>      1.  The Regular Season Champion
>      2.  The Tournament Champion

This is true, but unlike other teams, BU only raises banners for winning the
league tournament championship.  BU has never made a big deal out of winning
the regular season title.

>From what I have gathered reading hockey-l over the past year that it is
>this championship that "matters" in the eyes of the NCAA now (winner of
>regular season recieves auto bid, rather than tournament champion), largely
>the result of CC not being chosen for the NCAA Tournament last year.

Sorry, but I believe that the tournamnet champion will still be the one to
receive the automatic bid, not the regular season champion.

Sean Pickett
Go BU Terriers, 1994 Hockey East Champions!
BU Hockey Page:  http://www.tiac.net/users/spickett/hockey.html