It's always nice to beat Northern at Lakeview Arena in Marquette,
last night doubly so as we capture the Ramada Cup outright for
the first time. I was unable to see the game or hear the complete
game on radio as I attended the retirement party of a
close colleague. I did hear the last three minutes on my drive home to
Calumet.

The newspaper reports that Tech scored 4 straight goals in the
first and seond periods; then Northern started a comeback scoring
the next three goals. THe final goal was an empty netter by
Stevens. Jeff Mikesch, Brent Peterson Austin Kryser and Randy Stevens
were responsible for the first four goals for Tech. Northern's goals
are attributed to Bossio, Harding and Riplinger.

MTU 3 1 1 - 5
NMU 0 2 1 - 3

Golaie Saves:

MTU Kucway 11  4  9 - 24
NMU Kochan 15  6  9 - 30

Powerplays: Both teams 2 of 8.

Bob Gilreath attended the games: Hopefully, he will fill us in on
his impressions.

Walt Olson
MTU