Jim Love writes:

>I'm guessing that the other two Olympic-sized
>sheets are in the WCHA - perhaps the DECC at UMD, and North Dakota ??  Can
>someone with better rink sense supply the two "missing rinks" (ohhh, bad
>pun :-)  Are there actually more than 5 now in use ??

Olympic- (or near-Olympic-) sized rinks in the WCHA are:

Mariucci Arena (Minnesota), Minneapolis (200 x 100)
National Hockey Center (St Cloud), St Cloud (200 x 100)
Sullivan Arena (Alaska-Anchorage), Anchorage (200 x 100)
Dane County Coliseum (Wisconsin), Madison (200 x 97)

Other WCHA rink with dimensions I'm sure of:

DECC (Minnesota-Duluth), Duluth (190 x 85)
MacInnes Student Ice Arena (Michigan Tech), Houghton (200 x 85)

WCHA rinks with dimensions I'm not sure of, all probably 200 x 85:

Ralph Engelstad Arena (North Dakota), Grand Forks
Lakeview Arena (Northern Michigan), Marquette
DU Arena (Denver), Denver
Cadet Ice Arena, USAFA (temp. home of Colorado College), Colorado Springs

The new Colorado College and Denver arenas will apparently have
Olympic-sized ice sheets as well.

This information, and a lot more, can be found in the HOCKEY-L Team
Information File, maintained by Jim Teresco (take a bow, Jim!).  You can get
it by sending this message to [log in to unmask]:  GET HOCKEY-L
TEAMINFO.  Or, you can look at the HTML version by pointing your web browser
to http://tardis.union.edu/~terescoj/hockey/teaminfo.html

-- Erik