I've been waiting for someone else to post this, but no-one has, so
here goes with my first posting.
        Someone asked about teams winning the NCAA title with a rookie
goalie. BGSU defeated UMD in four overtimes for the champioship in 1984 with
Gary Kruzich as the mainstay in goal as a Freshman. Kruzich went on to earn
All-America honors as a Junior or Senior (I'm not sure which), and held the
NCAA record for career victories for a goalie (I believe 88??) until Shields
(Michigan) broke that record last year.

Ralph C. St.John                          Tel: 419-372-8098
Dept. of Applied Statistics & O.R.        Fax: 419-372-2875
Bowling Green State University          EMAIL: [log in to unmask]
Bowling Green, Oh 43403-0267                  [log in to unmask]