Sean Pickett writes:

>>        Ohio State is college hockey's sleeping giant. When they complete the
>>new 20,000-22,000 basketball/hockey arena in a few years, that could be the
>>No. 1 program in the country.
>
>It will take more than just a new arena to be number 1.  Just ask UMass Amherst.

Just ask them in a few years when BU will be struggling with them for the top
Mass. recruits!  Keep in mind that this is their first year in a Div. I
conference.  UMass has a large ca. 8500 seat arena with a olympic sized ice
with state of the art facilities.  Never mind the adjoining olympic sized
practice rink!!  BU has Walter Brown Arena.  I happen to really like WBA,
but realistically it can not compare to UMass' Mullins Center.  The Mullins
Center will be a big recruiting tool for UMass, and the same may be true for
the new OSU arena.  I just hope the BU administration pushes through the
plans for the new BU arena!

Brian Gentry BU'95
Go Terriers!
The Beanpot is Home!
Now For the HOCKEY EAST Championship repeat!