> It is obvious to everyone that three of the leagues have several top notch
> teams:  HE has BU, Maine and NH, CCHA has Mich, MSU and BG, WCHA has CC,
> Minn, Denver .... but notice they also have, on average lower division
> teams that are much poorer than the ECAC lower division.

        I would have do disagree with you, I would have to say that I
would take any team in the WCHA and place they against just about anyone
in the ECAC and expect the WCHA team to win. Of the DIV1 leaque I would
put ECAC at the very bottom.. Besides if you look at the WCHA Minnesota
beat both Mich and Mich State and some team from the Ecac in the Marruci
clasic. They were terrible... I would say it is HE and WCHA tie or slight
edge going to HE because of Maine, however, they did lose to a couple of
weak teams. Of course BU, I  Think they are in the top 10. Also
remember Denver came out to the Hockey East and also kicked some butt I think
it was BU and NE. I would take Minnesota and CC against anyone in the
Country and Wisconsin can win some big games. I would put the CCHA third and
they ECAC last, a couple of the lower division teams would have trouble
beating Div 2 teams.

        Of course, the ECAC at the moment has only one true top ten team:
Clarkson, but notice > there are four teams in the second ten.