>> And finally, I thought I would let Michigan fans know that radio voice
>> Les Grobstein referred to both Michigan fans and players as jerks.  Maybe
>> he needs a mirror.
>>

>> Mike Burger
>> Michigan '90, Colorado State '93
>>
>I would also like to let everyone know about the "ladies" in their 50's
>and 60's giving UIC players and fans the finger and cursing after the OT
>goal was scored.  You don't consider these people jerks?  And how about
>the cheap chop to the head by Turco right before the OT goal?  Michigan
>hadn't lost in something like 2 months, and I think overall maybe some
>the of the Michigan fans are a bit spolied, having just a dominant team,
>year after year.  You have to lose sometime.  The other 2 games UIC vs.
>Michigan ended 5-4 in Michigan's favor, both games being close and one
>going to OT.
>
>So lay off Grobstein, and look at yourselves in the mirror.
>
>-Mark Czarnowski

To call Michigan fans "jerks" is not appropriate.  Yes, there may be
some people who find it necessary to do such immature things as
described above, but that is a small portion of the fans.  I am a big
Michigan fan, and I will admit that there are some fans who are
"spoiled."  The Michigan team has been really good for the past several
years, and some people have forgotten how to lose, but anyone who is
knowledgeable about hockey knows any team can beat any other team at any
time.  As far as Turco's cheap shot, I cannot say anything since I did
not see that particular game.  However, I have seen enough hockey games
to know that there were probably a few more cheap shots taken during the
game, probably by both teams.  This does not mean that I believe UIC
deliberately takes cheap shots.  Hockey is a rough sport, and in such a
sport, cheap shots are going to be taken by both teams.  I am sure that
most Michigan fans would agree with me.

                                          Brian Roberts
                                          Lafayette College '97