>Knick Arena manager Rick Linio adds that they expect to have a press conference
>in March to discuss details.  Apparently the NC$$ is sticking to the rotation
>of Albany and Worcester for the East tournaments, which is great for fans in
>the Capital District!  The T-U more or less confirms that indicating that the
>Knick also bid for the 1997 Regionals, but Worcester is considered the favorite
>for that year.  IMHO that is interesting, since Boston is hosting the
>finals that year, and I would think that attendance would suffer at Worcester
>in light of the potential competition for the hockey dollar.

Boston is hosting the 1998 Championship, not 1997.  The Bradley Center in
Milwaukee has thr 1997 Championship.  Besides, this year Worcester is
hosting the East Regional and Providence is hosting the Championship.  That
is the same as a Worcester-Boston Regional and Championship.

As for the hockey dollar being split, Hockey East was worried about that,
with their Championship at the Boston Garden the week before the East
Regionals.  Therefore, HE decided to have a single game quarterfinal round
instead of the best 2-of-3 game series that they used last year.  HE
officials hope this offsets the fact that Eastern New England has great
hockey every weekend in March.

Sean Pickett
Go BU Terriers, 1994 Hockey East Champions!
BU Hockey Page:  http://www.tiac.net/users/spickett/hockey.html