From the Seven Dwarfs Ice Arena:

Michigan   1 3 0 0 - 4
UIC        1 2 1 1 - 5

In a game that should be kept from any vault, both teams clutched, grabbed,
and ran interference for 63:17.  Michigan scored first on a Warren Luhining
goal and was answered with :17.4 in the 1st by a UIC PP goal.  Second period
saw scoring galore, including two more by Luhning.  Michigan absoolutely
(sorry abpout the spelling, bad laptop) dominated the third, but forgot
to score.  Dan O'Keefe scored on a breakaway with about four minutes to
go to tie the game.

In OT, Bill Muckalt two-handed a UIC player and received a penalty (should
have been a major IMHO), and UIC scored about seven seconds after the
PP expired.

The big problem in this game was the huge brawl afterwards.  No penalties
given.  Rick Willis and a name that escapes me for UIC (starts with an M)
should have received DQs.

The management at Seven Bridges felt it necessary to pump in crowd noise
on UIC goals.  Pretty sad.

And finally, I thought I would let Michigan fans know that radio voice
Les Grobstein referred to both Michigan fans and players as jerks.  Maybe
he needs a mirror.

Mike Burger
Michigan '90, Colorado State '93