On Wed, 8 Feb 1995, Thomas R. Fenwick wrote:

>         I can guarantee you that the powerplay march played by our Pep
> Band is NOT a form of Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust".  And now back
> to your regularly scheduled program... again!
>
>         Tom Fenwick

Yeah, it sounded to me like a amalgamation of the Canadian National
Anthem, "Oh Candada" and the Olympics Song -- which was made familiar in
76 (? maybe 80?) Olympics. These two songs played over a minor keyed vamp.

Interesting point -- the chant the Gopher pep band used to play after an
opposing player was given a penalty has apparently been banned by the
University administration. It's a good thing the band doesn't do the
chant anymore because rowdy, vulgar students appended the phrase "you
worthless piece of sh*t." I can see why the band doesn't do it anymore
since there are so many young kids at the game. But on the other hand, it
was a fun chant without the vulgar part. I wish people wouldn't have
added the swearing part to it. Now the band plays the Empire Strikes Back
theme when an opposing player is going to the box.

Reed