If the season ended today and the NCAA picks went out, what would they do with
the ECAC ?? Would they get 1/2/3 or No bids ? What would you do ?

Please take this with a grain of salt. It is mostly written because I think
there's a few teams whose ECAC standings don't jive with the way they seem to be
viewed nationally at this point in time.

I know alot of people are going to pick on me because not all teams have played
the same number of games, but I am at loss as to who 'deserves' to go to the
show. Yes the picture will become clearer in time, but I think it's an
interesting time to look at how they stand.

Brown - Probably only consensus pick to make it. Good conference record as well
   national ranking.

RPI - My alma mater and one who would have a serious problem making the tourney
based on inconsistancy, but who would have beaten any other ECAC teams that
would go in their place (clarkson 7-1, @brown, @ Harvard) Sour grapes if they do
or don't.

Clarkson ?? Strong national perseption, blown out by RPI and recent loss to
Harvard. Probably would get in.

Harvard - A win recently over a strong Clarkson team but then again a loss to
St. Lawrence. SHouldn't get in, but you never know ...

Vermont - Well thought of nationally but 3-2-1 ECAC. On the bubble . Hockey-l
ers think very highly of this team, but could you give them a bid given their
standing right now ?

Princeton ? Colgate ? ...

Keep in mind this is just to provoke some conversation.....

steve
RPI 86