John Couture writes...
>To try to make my point in less time, it seems to me that the coaches
>of the CCHA are uneasy playing young untested potential players and the
>ultimate question I have is why? I mean Joe is a Freshman although he
>graduated from HS in 93 so he does have the experience under his belt
>(1 year HS, 2 Years Junior A) Why would the coach of LSSU sit on his
>instead of exposing it especially since LSSU is having anything but a
>stellar year, why not mix things up and see what the younger guys can
>do??

Actually, LSSU head coach Jeff Jackson has a reputation
of playing his freshmen and giving them every opportunity
to crack the regular lineup.  Here's a look at games played
by the Laker freshmen this season (through 24 games):

  Ted Laviolette 23
  Bates Battaglia 21
  Dave Lamberth 21
  Bryan Fuss 18
  Ryan Sharpe 15
  John Grahame 14 (goaltender)
  Christian Graham 13
  Joe Blaznek 8
  Terry Marchant 6

Blaznek has not impressed me when I've seen him, but
I have insufficient data given that it has been only 2-3 games
and likely not too many shifts.

John Haeussler
Univ of Michigan