Just a few thoughts on today's postings:

>Subject: Brown 3 - UML 3

>Lowell had leads of 2-0 and 3-2 before ending up with a tie at >Brown last
night.  This game was pretty unremarkable - it >looked to me that both teams
had the "this is the last >non-conference game of the year before we hit the
>home-stretch, let's coast through this one" attitude.  This
>attitude may have been a bit more prevelant among the Lowell >team as they
lookked VERY sloppy at times.  I was a little >dissapointed in the
lackadaisicalness (is that a word?), >because, in my mind, it was an
important game for both >teams.

I couldn't agree more with the fact that the game was important.  Don't these
guys know about the power ratings?

[log in to unmask] . wrote:

>We turn the spotlight this week on the New Hampshire >Wildcats.  A look at
the media polls (WMEB and Troy Record) >shows that, while the polls are
similar, HOCKEY-L is taking >more notice of New Hampshire than the other
polls are:

>                              Troy HOCKEY-L  WMEB      Record
>     Team                Record    Rank      Rank      Rank
>New Hampshire       15-5-3      7        10        10

>This week's ratings composite (note that the computerized >rankings aren't
letting the Wildcats go by unnoticed):

>                                HOCKEY-L   RPICH    CHODR    KRACH  HEAL
 >   Team                Record    Rank     Rank     Rank     Rank   Rank
>New Hampshire       15-5-3      7        6        9        5        6

It's about time someone noticed the 'Cats!!

Andrew Weise <[log in to unmask]> comments on Chaz Scoggins' poll as
follows:

>Chaz should also take a look at where he put Clarkson (6) & >New Hampshire
(7). The Wildcats beat Clarkson twice this >season, where both teams were
playing real well at each >time. Go figure.... Polls, polls, polls,......

Despite Mike M's thoughtful response comparing UNH's (3-2-1, Mike, not 3-3)
and Clarkson's (5-1) records over the last 6 games), UNH's beating Clarkson
twice should count for something.

I'll try to post UNH-BU results tonight after the game.

Karen Ambrose, UNH '72
Go Blue, Beat BU!!