>This looks like an interesting run for the Hockey East regular season title.
>No one really has it locked yet. I noticed this Saturday night when we lost
>yet another shootout, and BU won again. It's interesting to note that, under
>the old system, Maine would have a six point lead in the standings, and thus
>a <three> game lead over BU. This year, it's only one game.

Actually, under the pre-shoot (or regular point system), Maine would have 24
points and BU 3 points, for a 3 point (or game and a half) lead.  Under the
original shootout point system (2 points for a win or SO win, 1 point for a
SO loss), Maine would have 25 points and BU 23 points, a two point (one
game) lead.

Sean Pickett
Go BU Terriers, 1994 Hockey East Champions!
BU Hockey Page:  http://www.tiac.net/users/spickett/hockey.html