It was a good game, with Michigan pulling it out in overtime.  Some
observations:

I saw Brian Holzinger in high school, but I must say he's one of the
fastest and best players in the CCHA right now.  I wouldn't have
predicted it 5 years ago.

Turco really came into his own today.  He's finally not flopping as much,
which means he's using his glove wisely.

The ref, Shell, did not call any of the obvious holding fouls against UM
by BGSU players.  One time a BGSU player was all over a U-M point man and
the point man didn't even have the puck.  When the puck ws finally passed
back to him he couldn't get it, of course, because he was being held.

Shell was so bad in the 2nd and 3rd period that chants of "we want
shegos" appeared.  That's how you know a ref is bad!

---
Eric Rickin ([log in to unmask])
University of Michigan Class of (December) 1995

finger -l [log in to unmask] for PGP Public Key