Denver scrapped their way to a 4-4 tie with Minnesota Duluth last night
at the DECC.  UMD had leads of 3-1 and 4-3 in the third before DU tied it
up at 19:14, the same time UMD tied the previous game Friday night.
Rusty Fitzgerald, returning for his first series after his suspension,
severely broke his nose towards the end of the second period.  (For those
of you who are into blood, you would have liked it.)  UMD had basically a
three minute power play on a Denver major penalty in the second and
didn't get anything out of it.  Denver outshot UMD 43-25 including 6-0 in
the overtime period.  Denver coach George Gwozdecky joked that he was
thinking of pulling Wallinheimo during the extra session.

UMD faces Michigan Technological University next weekend in Houghton, MI.
The Dogs now are in 9th place in the WCHA, just 3 points out of seventh
and 6 out of a home playoff series.

(I also write with heavy heart as I will be paying out $5 due to the
outcome of today's NFL playoff games.  Both my teams lost  :(  )

Scoring summary:
UMD     1  1  2  0 - 4
DU      0  1  3  0 - 4
First Period
1. UMD  Ciccarello 8 (Roy, Larson)              08:53 pp

Second Period
2. UMD  Federenko 17 (Peluso, Ciccarello)       18:09
3. DU   Andersson 6 (Laaksonen)                 18:36

Third Period
4. UMD  Sittlow 4 (Romfo, Lidster)              06:36
5. DU   Koch 3 (Smith, Buzan)                   07:09
6. DU   Ricci 8 (Smith, Laaksonen)              08:55 pp
7. UMD  Ciccarello 9 (Peluso, Federenko)        09:43
8. DU   Kenady 12 (Koch, Gunther)               19:14

Overtime
No Scoring

Penalties:
UMD   5 for 10 minutes
DU    7 for 17 minutes

Shots:
UMD     08  07  10  00 - 25
DU      15  11  11  06 - 43

Goalies:
UMD
Lendzyk (43 shots - 39 saves)

DU
Wallinheimo (25 - 21)

Power plays - UMD 1 for 7, DU 1 for 3
Referees - Krieger, Shepherd  Linesman - Klosowski
A - 4,931

Anthony J. Frolik                            University of Minnesota Duluth
Go Bulldogs!                                    5-11-3 WCHA, 8-12-3 Overall
            My views are not representative of the University.