HERLOFSKY OUT FOR A MONTH
WABU reported tonight that BU goalie Derek Herlofsky, whose thigh
injury was posted to HOCKEY-L by Neil Goldberg, spent the night in the
hospital and had 25 stitches as a result of taking a skate in the leg
during practice.  According to WABU, Herlofsky will be out for about a
month, which I figure will mean missing about 3 starts or so.
Freshman Tom Noble took his regular turn in net in the win over
Vermont tonight but will now be the man for the next few games, it
seems.  BU finishes the first semester by hosting Dartmouth Saturday
night.  They will play in the Mariucci Classic in Minnesota at the end
of the month.

Little-used Shawn Ferullo is now the backup to Noble; he was 4th on the
depth chart before J.P. McKersie's accident this past summer.  Ferullo
only saw action in one game last year if I remember correctly,
allowing something like 3 goals in 10 minutes to Merrimack after BU
had opened up an 8-1 lead.  He relieved Noble for part of the third
period tonight with the game already decided.

BOUSQUET FOUND
The 12/16/94 issue of The Hockey News lists Dany Bousquet as the 18th
leading scorer in the AUAA with 5-14--19 in 12 games for Dalhousie.
Dalhousie is 10-2-1, 2nd in the Kelly Division.

First place is held down by Acadia, 11-1-1, which will appear in the
Dexter Classic at Maine later this month.  Acadia played Dalhousie
last Thursday, 12/1/94, and beat them 11-2.

GRIER IN THN
THN also contains a nice article on page 30 about BU's Mike Grier.  In
it, BU coach Jack Parker is quoted, "I always tell my players that it
never ceases to amaze me how little 20-year-olds know about hockey.
But Mike is one of the few exceptions.  His hockey sense is terrific."

It is interesting to read that "his father, Bobby, who is the director
of player personnel for football's New England Patriots, registered
him in hockey when youth football rejected him because he was too
big."  Football's loss is hockey's gain.

In a way, it is too bad that Grier is getting much of the attention he
gets from outside HE because he is black, since he is unquestionably
deserving of recognition simply because he is a very good player,
regardless of his race.  But on the other hand, he says that he
understands that he can be an inspiration to other blacks who want to
play hockey and he accepts that role, and this is admirable.

The article also notes that Grier has brought his weight down just a
bit to 237 (from 250 last year), but that his body fat has dropped
from 24% to 12%...that is a big reason for his success.  Credit Mike
Boyle and the BU conditioning program along with Grier's drive to
become the best player he can be.  Right now, he looks like a solid
First Team All-HE candidate and maybe even All-America, and I am sure
no one thought this possible before the season began.  I don't know if
I have ever seen another player improve this much in so short a time.
It was just last year that he was receiving most of his attention for
the rock-solid checks he delivers...now he gets it for the goals he
scores and nifty plays he makes.