Today's USA Today has an article about the U.S. team in the World Junior
Championships, "U.S.-born players show growth spurt," by Kevin Allen.
It talks about how much bigger the U.S. team is this year than it has
been in the past.  It cites Boston University's Mike Grier (240 lb.) and
North Dakota's Landon Wilson (6-3, 120 lb.)  The article talks mostly
about these two players.

Landon Wilson gave up football to play unior hockey.  It says he's having
trouble shooting because of breaking his arm.  Coach Jeff Jackson says,
"He's not able to dominate...But he's a character pjlayer who's doing
what he can."

National teams director Art Berglund said, "(Grier's) a big intimidating
power forward.  The last guy we had like that is Paul Holmgren."
He also said, "I remember talking with (the late) Bob Johnson about how
nice it would have been to have a guy like John Elway on defense.  Now,
we have some guys his size."