CCHA PRESS RELEASE

NCAA SELECTION CRITERIA
The following is the selection criteria for the 1995 Division I
Men's Hockey Championship.  The selection criteria will be the same
as in 1994.  After considering eligibility/availability of student-
athletes for each team, the committee will evaluate five criteria:
1) ratings percentage index [won-lost record (25%), opponents
winning percentage (50%) and opponents, opponents winning
percentage (25%)]; 2) head-to-head competition; 3) common
opponents; 4) results during the last 20 games; and 5) results
against teams under consideration.

During the selection process, each of the above criteria will carry
one point except head-to-head competition, which will carry the
number of points equal to the net difference in the results of
these games.  When comparing two teams, the team earning the most
points will be selected.  If the point process provides a tie, the
ratings percentage index will act as the determining factor,
regardless of how small the difference may be.
[end quoted material]

I know we hammer through this in March, but I figured that it
wouldn't hurt to post it now.  Maybe it should be available
via archive/request.  [Maybe it already is!]

John Haeussler
Univ of Michigan
My 1994 College Hockey Showcase t-shirt says
"Big Ten Border Battle".  What in the hell do Michigan,
Minnesota and Wisconsin border other than Lake
Superior...which certainly isn't worth battling over?
[And doesn't even border the lower peninsula...home
of the Spartans and Wolverines.]