On Mon, 19 Dec 1994, Jeff Brune wrote:
>   I know this is a major disappointment to all you Denver,
> Minnesota and Wisconsin fans, because now none of you will have a chance to
> win the McNaughton Cup this year, nor for many years to come.  This is also
too bad for Maine, BU and Michigan, who now have no hope of winning a
national championship.
>       I think that this has got to be the most ignorant thing I have
read on this list. I watched Colorado College play the other night on MSC
I should say on friday and the Gophers handed them  their butts. The
result on saturday was well a fluke. To say that Minnesota and Wisconsin
don't have a chance is unfounded since the season is only half over. Also
first of all you have to get to the playoffs first to win a national
championship. The reason you didn't get to the NCAA is you lost to a very
weak MTU team in the WCHA final 5. That is one of the reason you did not
get in. TO say that BU and Maine don't have a chance is also dumb because
first of all you have to play for the national championship it is not
handed too you. I also think that Maine has to be considered a Powerhouse
this year. BU is also a strong team and also don't forget the CCHA LSU
has won when it appeared that they didn't have that strong of a team.
They seem to jell around playoff time. Don't count anything yet. This
thing is far from over.
My prediction CC will not win the WCHA final 5 or the NCAA tourney.
Final Four will be
U of Maine
U of Minnesota
LSU